When it comes to mouthwatering meat dishes, Costco short ribs are a must-try for all meat lovers out there. These boneless short ribs are not only flavorful but also incredibly tender. If you’re looking for a new and simple technique to prepare a delightful meat dish for your family, then the Costco boneless short ribs recipe is perfect for you.
The Perfect Cut of Meat
Costco offers boneless short ribs in both Choice and Prime grades, catering to different budgets and occasions. Whether you prefer the medium-grade Choice or the top-quality Prime, both options result in deliciously satisfying ribs. The meat is soft, flavorful, and offers just the right amount of tenderness.
While Costco beef ribs are pre-packaged and transported, rest assured that the meat itself is always fresh. Just remember to check the “use-by” date and choose the package with the longest date available to ensure the freshest meat for your dish.
Essential Ingredients for Oven Braised Costco Short Ribs
To prepare this delightful main course, you only need a few essential ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Costco Boneless Short Ribs: Lean beef cuts that are incredibly tender and full of flavor.
- Black pepper and kosher salt: Enhance the taste without overpowering the dish.
- Red wine vinegar: Adds a tangy note to the marinade. Apple cider vinegar is a suitable substitute.
- Pepper sauce: Provides depth of flavor without adding too much heat.
- Spices: Garlic powder, dried thyme, dried basil, and smoked paprika. Using fresh spices is vital to ensure a delicious result.
Preparing Costco boneless short ribs may seem intimidating, but it’s actually quite simple. You don’t need complex sauces or lengthy cooking times. Here’s how I like to prepare my oven-braised boneless short ribs:
- Divide the ribs in half and place them in a greased baking dish with a rim. Season with salt, pepper, and the remaining ingredient mixture.
- Cover the dish tightly with a double layer of aluminum foil and bake the ribs at 300°F for 2.5 hours.
- Remove the foil, baste the ribs with the braising liquid, and bake them for an additional 30 minutes uncovered to achieve a beautiful brown color.
- Serve the ribs alongside the braising liquid, which doubles as a delicious dipping sauce.
A Tip for the Best Result
After the ribs are thoroughly cooked, you can transform the pan juices into a delectable gravy. Simply lower the oven temperature to “keep warm,” strain the cooking liquids, and simmer them in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens. This gravy enhances the overall experience and makes the ribs even more enjoyable.
Q: What cut of meat is boneless short ribs?
A: Boneless short ribs don’t actually come from the ribcage but are adjacent to the ribs. They originate from the shoulder (chuck) and lack bones.
Q: Should the ribs be browned first?
A: No, browning them beforehand is unnecessary. Skipping this step does not compromise the taste or tenderness of the ribs.
Q: What’s the best way to cook Costco short ribs?
A: Costco short ribs are best prepared low and slow. Baking them at a low temperature for an extended period of time ensures that the meat becomes incredibly tender.
Q: Do I need to marinate the ribs before cooking?
A: While marinating is not necessary, it can enhance the flavors and tenderness of the meat. However, the slow cooking process and the spices used in this recipe already provide delightful flavor, making the marinade optional.
Q: Storing and reheating
A: Leftover ribs can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, warm them gently in a covered microwave oven set to medium power. The ribs will still taste delicious even the next day.
Now that you have the perfect recipe for oven-braised boneless short ribs from Costco, it’s time to indulge in the rich flavors and tender beef. With no need to brown the ribs first and a delectable sauce that doesn’t contain any sugar, this dish is both simple and satisfying. So gather your ingredients, follow the easy instructions, and get ready to savor every bite of these mouthwatering ribs.
Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ – If you’re looking for more BBQ inspiration and mouthwatering recipes, check out Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ for a wide range of delicious dishes.