Are you looking for a quick and delicious meal? Look no further! My irresistible Steak Quesadillas recipe is here to satisfy your cravings. Packed with juicy sliced steak, melted cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, and a delightful blend of seasonings, this dish is an absolute winner! Whether it’s lunch or dinner, this recipe is a guaranteed hit!
The Best Steak Quesadilla Recipe
Out of all the quesadilla variations out there, my steak quesadilla recipe reigns supreme. It has become a favorite in my household, receiving endless requests for seconds. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make!
The secret to my steak quesadillas lies in the perfect combination of seasonings, sauces, and, of course, the steak itself. Feel free to use either freshly cooked steak or leftovers from previous meals. Both work flawlessly, making this recipe an excellent choice for utilizing any excess steak you have on hand.
Once you try my steak quesadillas recipe, you’ll see why it’s the ultimate go-to. And don’t hesitate to get creative with your own quesadilla variations. Share your unique twists in the comments below!
“Made the steak quesadillas. These were the best I ever tasted!”
- Carol via email
Steak Quesadilla Ingredients
To craft the perfect steak quesadillas, gather these ingredients:
- Sliced steak
- Shredded cheese
- Garlic butter sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Steak seasoning
- Sautéed peppers and onions
Complete the flavors of your steak quesadillas by pairing them with sautéed peppers and onions. For the perfect mix of flavors, try using:
- Bell peppers (your choice of color)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Steak Quesadillas
Follow these simple steps to create mouthwatering steak quesadillas:
- Begin by preparing the sautéed peppers and onions. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the pan is hot, cook the peppers and onions with a sprinkle of garlic powder for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your taste preference, and continue sautéing until golden brown.
- Next, mix together the ingredients for the garlic butter sauce. Melted butter, chopped parsley (optional), and minced garlic come together to create a delightful sauce. Spread this sauce on one side of a tortilla, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place the tortilla, sauce-side down, in a pan over medium heat. Top with sliced cooked steak, shredded cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, and your favorite steak seasoning (or try my steak seasoning recipe).
- Cover the filling with a second tortilla. Spread garlic butter and parmesan cheese on the top tortilla, then carefully flip the quesadilla in the pan.
- Cook the quesadilla for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla turns golden-brown. Serve and savor every bite!
Sauce for Quesadillas
Enhance the flavors of your steak quesadillas with a delectable sauce. Prepare your own sauce by combining the following ingredients:
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno juice
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Thoroughly mix until well combined.
- Serve the sauce as a dip for quesadillas or use a squeeze bottle to drizzle over the top. Enjoy!
Steak Quesadilla Recipe Tips
For the ultimate steak quesadilla experience, keep these tips in mind:
- If you’re making steak specifically for quesadillas, consider using my Carne Asada recipe or my Reverse Sear Ribeye for the best flavor. Remember to slice the steak thinly!
- Opt for a homemade steak dry rub or use a bottled steak seasoning like Santa Maria or Chicago steak seasoning for optimal taste.
- Garlic butter adds an incredible flavor when pan-frying quesadillas, but if you’re short on time or ingredients, olive oil works as a suitable substitute.
- Sautéed peppers and onions contribute to a Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla vibe, but caramelized onions are also a delicious alternative.
Perfect Pairings for Quesadillas
To complete your steak quesadilla meal, try serving them alongside these Mexican-inspired side dishes:
- Elotes Mexicanos
- Birria Sauce
- Street Corn Dip
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Next on your culinary adventure, explore my Baked Quesadillas (Dairy-Free) or Mushroom Tacos recipes!
Did you try this recipe? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and rating below to let us know your thoughts!
To view the complete recipe, including measurements and instructions, visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.