If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner option, look no further than this amazing pork chop recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep work, you can create a meal that is both flavorful and satisfying. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or feeding a hungry family, these parmesan-crusted pork chops are sure to be a hit.
Baked Pork Chops – A Family Favorite!
As I’ve grown older, pork chops have become a go-to dinner idea in my household. While we’ve traditionally sautéed or stove-cooked them, this new recipe takes things to a whole new level. By coating the meat in a crusty layer of parmesan cheese and flavorful spices, we’ve elevated the flavor and texture of these boneless pork loins to perfection. The result is a dish that is not only incredibly easy to make but also incredibly delicious.
For side dishes, we love serving these pork chops with creamy mashed potatoes or a variety of roasted vegetables. It’s a simple yet incredibly satisfying meal that is perfect for any night of the week.
How to Cook Pork Chops to Perfection
To achieve the perfect pork chop, this recipe combines pan frying and baking techniques. The pan frying gives the chops a nice, crisp crust, while the baking ensures that the center is perfectly cooked. Here’s how you can do it:
- Coat: Mix together a flavorful combination of Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, parsley, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip the pork chops into the mixture, making sure it sticks to the meat.
- Sear: Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sear the pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side, until they develop a golden crust.
- Bake: Transfer the pork chops to a glass baking dish, leaving about 1 inch of space around each chop. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. For extra crispy pork chops, you can bake them on a greased wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
If you prefer using an air fryer, the cooking time and temperature will vary depending on the thickness and whether the chop is boneless or bone-in. For boneless chops that are approximately ¾ inch thick, cook them at 380°F for 4-5 minutes on each side. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for bone-in or thicker pork chops.
Tips for the Perfect Pork Chop
To ensure your pork chops turn out tender, flavorful, and crispy, follow these helpful tips:
- Be careful not to overcook the pork chops, as this can make them dry and tough. Allow the chops to come to room temperature before cooking and use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of 140°F before removing them from the oven. Let them rest for a few minutes to finish cooking to a perfect 145°F and distribute the moisture evenly.
- For a thicker crust, you can dredge the chops in flour before dipping them in a mixture of whisked egg and milk, followed by the breadcrumb mixture from the recipe.
- Use a cast iron skillet or another heavy-bottomed pan to ensure even frying.
- Avoid covering the pan with a lid while frying and bake the chops uncovered to maintain their crispy texture.
What to Serve with Your Perfect Pork Chops
To complete your meal, consider serving these flavorful pork chops with some delicious side dishes like cheesy garlic bread, roasted Brussels sprouts, Parmesan asparagus, or roasted green beans. The combination of the juicy pork chops and these mouthwatering sides will make for a truly memorable dining experience.
Storing Tips for Leftover Pork Chops
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Alternatively, you can wrap them tightly in plastic and foil and freeze them for up to 3 months. When reheating, either use the microwave or cook them on low heat in the oven. To prevent them from drying out, consider drizzling some olive oil over the chops before reheating.
More Easy Pork Chop Recipes to Try
If you’re a fan of pork chops and want to explore more delicious recipes, here are a few other ideas worth trying:
- Italian Pork Chops
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Fried Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Now that you have the perfect pork chop recipe in your arsenal, it’s time to gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and prepare a meal that will leave everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy!