If you’re searching for a tender and flavorful dish that will impress your taste buds, look no further than these succulent veal chops infused with the aromatic essence of rosemary. This quick and easy recipe combines the best of both worlds – a beautifully browned crust on the outside and a juicy, tender center on the inside.
Flavor Amplification: The Deglazed Sauce
Prepare to elevate your culinary skills by creating a delectable deglazed sauce that takes this dish to the next level. Don’t be intimidated by the name – it’s simpler than you think.
When you sear the veal chops, a heavenly crust forms at the bottom of the pan. Don’t let this flavor go to waste by washing it down the drain. Instead, let’s make those residual crusty bits an integral part of our sauce. This technique not only enhances the flavor but also makes cleaning up a breeze.
To create the sauce, resist the urge to wash the pan right away after searing the chops. Instead, pour in some wine and stock, then use a spatula or a soft tool to scrape up those irresistible crust remnants.
As the liquid warms up, the bits of flavor will dissolve into it, creating a rich and savory reduction sauce. After a few minutes of simmering, you’ll have a sauce that perfectly complements your veal chops.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic option, feel free to skip the white wine and substitute it with a little extra chicken stock. The homemade stock will still deliver delicious results, so you can enjoy this dish to the fullest.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 2 veal chops
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Paleo cooking fat
- ½ cup of white wine (optional)
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Let’s Get Cooking
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rub both sides of the veal chops with the minced rosemary and garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat the cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the veal chops in the skillet until they achieve a beautiful golden brown color, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer the seared chops to a baking dish and place them in the preheated oven for an additional 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, add the white wine and chicken stock to the same skillet used for searing. Warm it up for a minute or two. While the liquid warms, scrape off any flavorful food remnants from the pan’s bottom.
- Remove the veal chops from the oven, generously top them with the savory sauce, and get ready to dig in.
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of these veal chops with rosemary by following this simple recipe. For more delightful recipes and culinary inspiration, check out Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and impress your dinner guests with this exquisite dish.