Are you looking for a quick and delicious dinner option that won’t take up too much of your time? Look no further! In this article, we’ll show you how to cook thin pork chops to perfection. With just a few simple ingredients and a short cooking time, you’ll have juicy, tender, and flavorful pork chops on your plate in no time.
The Perfect Addition to Any Meal Rotation
Whether you’re cooking for yourself or a crowd, thin pork chops are sure to impress. They cook up in under 30 minutes and require minimal ingredients, making them both fast and budget-friendly. So, let’s dive into this delectable dish!
A Crispy Crust and Juicy Center
To achieve the perfect thin pork chops, we start by seasoning them with a homemade spice blend. This blend adds a flavorful kick to the meat. Once seasoned, we sear the chops on each side, creating a crispy crust while keeping the center tender and juicy. It’s a combination that will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
The Recipe: Ingredients and Instructions
Here’s what you’ll need to make these mouthwatering thin pork chops:
- 1.5 pounds thin pork chops
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Now, let’s get cooking:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pork chops on top.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of the pork chops.
- Let the pork chops rest for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Be careful not to overcook the chops, as they cook quickly.
Expert Tips for Perfect Thin Pork Chops
- Use bone-in or thin boneless pork chops for juicier results.
- Look for thin-cut pork chops, sometimes labeled as “minute pork chops” at the grocery store.
- Experiment with different seasonings, such as a pulled pork rub or your favorite spice blend.
- You can either buy thin chops or use a mallet to pound regular pork slices into thin chops.
- For even more flavor and tenderness, marinate the pork chops overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Choose pork with marbling for added juiciness.
- Serve the pork chops as they are, drizzled with gravy, or with a splash of fresh lemon juice.
- If you’re serving younger kids, consider cutting the cooked pork into bite-sized pieces and serving them alongside a dipping sauce.
What to Serve with Thin Pork Chops
Now that you’ve mastered the art of cooking thin pork chops, let’s talk about the perfect accompaniments. Here are a few suggestions to complement your flavorful chops:
- How To Cook Frozen Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Low Sodium Mac and Cheese
- Gluten-Free Cheesy Potatoes
- Brussels Sprout Apple Salad
- Instant Pot Wild Rice
- Quinoa Instant Pot
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Fruit Salad With Watermelon
- Pan Fried Sliced Potatoes
Storing and Reheating Instructions
If you happen to have any leftovers, here’s how you can store and reheat your thin pork chops:
- In the fridge: Store the pork chops in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- In the freezer: Place the pork chops in a covered container or Ziploc bag and freeze them for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the pork chops in a covered baking dish, add a splash of water or broth, and bake for 7-10 minutes or until heated through.
More Easy Pork Recipes to Try
If you’re a fan of pork, here are some more delicious recipes you can explore:
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot Pork Chops
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Crispy Oven Fried Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast With Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Pork Sausage Wonton Bites
- Pork Roast Instant Pot
- Baked Pork Chops
So there you have it! With these tips and instructions, you’ll be able to cook thin pork chops that are bursting with flavor and tenderness. Enjoy your culinary success!
For more mouthwatering recipes and BBQ delights, visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.