Are you tired of the same old chicken and beef dishes? Looking for a versatile protein to spice up your cooking? Look no further than these mouthwatering veal chops! With a perfect balance of charred exterior and juicy interior, these veal chops are marinated in a delightful blend of orange juice and rosemary, making them a flavorful and satisfying meal in under 20 minutes.
The Allure of Veal Chops
As a food enthusiast, I enjoy experimenting with different proteins, and veal is a true delight to work with. While you may be familiar with veal in dishes like Milanese, parmesan, or scallopini, these veal chops offer a unique and delectable way to savor this tender meat.
Why You’ll Fall in Love with this Recipe
- Healthy: This dish is packed with protein and marinated in a mixture of antioxidants and essential oils, with minimal oil and no butter.
- Quick: Once marinated, simply pan-sear and finish in the oven. No need to spend hours grilling or cooking!
- Perfect for Every Occasion: Whether you’re planning an intimate date night or a casual Sunday lunch, these veal chops are a winner.
- A Simple Delight: Let the natural flavors of the veal shine through with this minimalist recipe.
What sets this recipe apart is its simplicity. With just seven simple ingredients, you can create a dish that excites the taste buds while maintaining a beautifully balanced flavor profile.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Orange juice (juice of one orange) for a fruity acidity
- Whole-grain mustard for seasoning
- Balsamic vinegar to enhance the flavors
- Olive oil (or any neutral oil) for cooking
- Rosemary for its aromatic qualities
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thick-cut veal chops with bright color, firm texture, and a touch of marbling
Preparing the Juicy Veal Chops
Step 1 – Marinate your chops
Rub salt, pepper, and the marinade mixture of orange juice, mustard, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar on the veal chops. Let them marinate for one to 24 hours in a ziplock bag.
Step 2 – Grill the chops
Heat your skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat and grill the chops for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
Step 3 – Roast them to perfection
Transfer the grilled chops to a baking dish and cover them with the remaining marinade. Bake them for 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, and 7 minutes for well-done.
Tips for the Best Results
- If you’re short on time, opt for pre-cut chops to expedite the cooking process.
- Avoid overcooking the veal to maintain its tenderness and juiciness.
- Allow the meat to rest after cooking to ensure optimal flavor and moisture retention.
- Spice it up: Add some red pepper flakes or paprika for a touch of heat.
- Herb-infused delight: Enhance the flavor with additional herbs like thyme, chives, or parsley.
- Garlic lover’s paradise: Incorporate crushed garlic or garlic powder into the marinade or sear the chops with garlic cloves.
- Get saucy: Glaze the veal chops with your favorite sauce, such as bulgogi or BBQ.
Storing and Serving
- To store: Seal the leftovers in a container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- To freeze: Cool the veal chops, transfer them to freezer-safe ziplock bags, and store them for up to two months.
- To reheat: Thaw the frozen chops overnight in the fridge and then reheat them in a skillet or oven.
When serving veal chops, simplicity is key. Let the meat shine by pairing it with simple and complimentary side dishes such as stuffed tomatoes, sautéed broccolini, or air-fryer beans. Curly fries, gravy, and herb rice also make for delightful accompaniments.
Recommended Tools for Success
- Skillet: A good quality multi-purpose iron skillet is essential for achieving the perfect sear.
- Tongs: Use tongs to flip the veal chops during the cooking process.
- Meat thermometer: Ensure your meat is cooked to perfection by using a reliable meat thermometer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stay tuned for more juicy veal chop tips, tricks, and hacks!