Are you tired of asking yourself what sides to serve with your smoked pork shoulder roast? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Choosing the perfect side dishes can be just as challenging as deciding on the main course. That’s why I’ve curated a selection of delectable options that will complement your smoked pork shoulder roast perfectly!
Before we dive into the mouthwatering side dishes, let me assure you that there are no right or wrong ways to prepare a smoked pork shoulder roast. The recipes are endless, and they are all equally delicious. However, I’ve handpicked a few of my favorites that you should definitely check out. Be sure to have a look at my comprehensive guide on How to Smoke Pork Shoulder Roast!
Smoked Pork Shoulder Roast Recipes
- Dry Rub and Injected Smoked Pork Shoulder Roast
- Coca-Cola Smoked Pork Shoulder Roast
- Jack Daniels and Coke Pork Shoulder Roast
- Apple Bourbon Smoked Pork Shoulder Roast
You can enjoy these mouthwatering creations as is, shredded into pulled pork sandwiches with your favorite barbecue sauce, or even incorporate them into leftover pork shoulder roast recipes. If you don’t have a pork shoulder roast on hand, fear not! You can use other cuts of pork like pork butt, pork loin, pork tenderloin, pork leg, or even ham in certain cases.
Smoked Side Dishes
When it comes to pairing side dishes with your smoked pork shoulder roast, the possibilities are endless. Anything you smoke alongside the roast will be a delightful accompaniment to the main course. Here are some of my favorite smoked side dishes that will elevate your meal to new heights:
- Smoked Baked Potatoes: Throw some baking potatoes on the smoker for a tasty twist on traditional baked potatoes. Drizzle them with a bit of olive oil and season with garlic for an extra burst of flavor.
- Smoked Loaded Baked Beans: This delectable dish is perfect for potlucks or tailgating parties. Slow smoke it in a cast iron Dutch oven, and consider adding some extra bacon grease for a flavor boost.
- Creamy Smoked Macaroni And Cheese: Indulge in the irresistible combination of smoky flavors and cheesy goodness. The addition of heavy cream takes this classic dish to a whole new level of creaminess.
- Smoked Loaded Cheesy Potatoes: These potatoes are a must-try when serving red meats. Whether paired with smoked brisket or enjoyed on their own, their creamy texture and tangy sour cream topping will leave you craving more.
Don’t underestimate the power of a good deli salad when it comes to enhancing the flavors of your smoked meat. Here are a few smoked deli salads that you absolutely must try:
- 4 Ingredient Coleslaw: This quick and easy coleslaw recipe is a crowd-pleaser. With just four simple ingredients – coleslaw mix, mayo, honey, and apple cider vinegar – you can whip up a delicious and healthy side dish in minutes.
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: This pasta salad is perfect for any potluck or barbecue gathering. It can be easily prepared in advance and pairs beautifully with grilled food.
- Smoked Potato Salad: Take your potato salad to the next level by incorporating smoked baked potatoes. Although it’s not fully cooked in the smoker, the smoky flavors add a delightful twist to this classic dish. Prepare it the night before, and it will become an instant favorite.
Grilled vegetables are not only healthy but also incredibly flavorful. They are the perfect addition to any meal, including your smoked pork shoulder roast. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Grilled Zucchini: Rub some olive oil and your favorite spice blend onto fresh zucchini, then grill them to perfection. These flavorful and nutritious veggies will add a touch of lightness to your meal.
- How To Grill Corn On The Cob: The possibilities are endless when it comes to grilling corn. My personal favorite method involves wrapping it in foil and seasoning it with garlic salt for a burst of flavor.
- Portabella Mushrooms: Elevate your grilling game by preparing these fantastic portabella mushrooms. Top them with mozzarella and feta cheese, and let the grill work its magic. The result is a dish that will leave you craving more.
So, what’s your favorite side dish to enjoy with a smoked pork shoulder roast?
Pellet Smoker Recipes To Check Out
If you’re hungry for more smoker recipes, you’re in luck! Check out my extensive collection of smoker recipes ranging from ham to macaroni and cheese to prime rib. You can find it here. Indulge in the smoky goodness and elevate your culinary repertoire with these delectable dishes.