Are you tired of the same old barbecue sauce? If you’re looking to add a unique and delicious twist to your BBQ creations, then look no further than this homemade Mango Barbecue Sauce! With its sweet and savory flavors, this sauce is perfect for enhancing the taste of pork, chicken, and seafood. You can even give your breakfast sandwiches a flavorful kick by adding a dollop of this sauce. Best of all, it only takes a few minutes to make, and it’s far superior to store-bought alternatives!
The Magic of Sweet and Savory
I’ve always been a fan of the sweet and savory combination, and this Mango Barbecue Sauce takes it to a whole new level. It pairs perfectly with fruits and meats, creating a delightful flavor profile. In fact, if you loved my Raspberry Barbecue Sauce, you’re in for a real treat with this mango version! Its versatility knows no bounds, making it a fantastic choice for a variety of meats and seafood.
Why This Recipe Works
- Making your own barbecue sauce is a breeze! Not only is it quick and easy, but it also tastes so much better than store-bought options. You can even prepare it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- This Mango Barbecue Sauce strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savory flavors, creating a taste sensation that will leave you wanting more.
- With this sauce, you can elevate the flavor of a wide range of foods. It works wonders with chicken and pork, in particular.
How to Make Mango Barbecue Sauce
To start, you’ll need to cut the mango into smaller chunks. Now, cutting a mango can be a bit tricky if you’re not an expert. If you’re unsure, I recommend using a mango cutter or following the tutorial on how to cut a mango in my Spicy Mango Lime Chutney recipe.
In a blender, combine the mango chunks, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Blend the ingredients until smooth, creating a luscious Mango Barbecue Sauce.
Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and get ready to enjoy a flavor-packed BBQ experience!
Tips and Techniques for the Best Mango Barbecue Sauce
- Not sure how to cut a mango? No worries! You can always rely on a mango cutter or follow the tutorial in my Spicy Mango Lime Chutney recipe.
- For optimal results, use fresh mango.
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just make sure to use it within a week for the best flavor.
- What do you use Mango Barbecue Sauce on? Mango Barbecue Sauce is fantastic with chicken, pork, shrimp, or even breakfast sandwiches.
- Can you use frozen mango to make this barbecue sauce? While I haven’t personally tested this recipe with frozen mango, you can certainly give it a try. Just make sure to thaw the mango first and drain off any excess liquid before blending.
- Can you freeze barbecue sauce? Absolutely! You can freeze barbecue sauce in freezer containers or bags. Just remember to thaw it in the refrigerator before using.
Other Recipes to Try
- Sweet Mango Dipping Sauce
- Pulled Chicken Tacos with Spicy Mango-Lime Chutney
- Mango Coconut Popsicles
If you loved this recipe for Mango Barbecue Sauce, make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more delicious ideas!
(This recipe was originally published on June 25, 2018. It was updated with new images, more thorough instructions, tips, techniques, and FAQ’s in August 2019.)
Don’t miss out on the chance to transform your BBQ creations with this tantalizing Mango Barbecue Sauce. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and savory, making every bite a true delight. So, grab your mangoes and get ready to experience a whole new level of barbecue goodness!