Are you ready to elevate your cooking game? In this article, I’ll show you how to transform pork shoulder steak into the most tender and flavorful dish you’ve ever tasted. With the help of an Instant Pot, you’ll achieve results that will impress even the most discerning taste buds. So, put on your apron and join me in the bistro kitchen!
- The Secret to Tender Pork Shoulder Steak
- Ingredients for Pork Shoulder Steak
- How to Prepare Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Steak
- Make-Ahead Option for Pork Shoulder Steak
- Storing Pork Shoulder Steak
- Reheating Your Pork Shoulder Steak
- Avoiding Overcooked Pork Shoulder Steak
- The Best Cooking Method for Pork Shoulder Steaks
- More Pork Recipes to Try
The Secret to Tender Pork Shoulder Steak
If you’ve ever cooked pork shoulder steak before, you might have experienced the disappointment of tough and dry meat. This is especially true if the cut lacks fat. However, with a pressure cooker like the Instant Pot, you can achieve remarkable tenderness and juiciness in your steak. The high pressure and moist cooking environment work together to break down the meat fibers, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Ingredients for Pork Shoulder Steak
To create the perfect pork shoulder steak, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Pork shoulder steaks
- Sweet soy sauce
- Five spice seasoning
- Sriracha or hot sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Steak
Let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to make your Instant Pot pork shoulder steak:
- Start by selecting the Sauté function on your Instant Pot. Once it’s hot, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the pork shoulder steaks in the pot and sear them on both sides until they turn a beautiful golden brown.
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic, then sprinkle them on top of the seared steaks.
- Drizzle the sweet soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, and water over the steaks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cancel the Sauté function and close the Instant Pot. Select the Manual or Pressure Cook option on your pressure cooker.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and let the magic happen.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the Instant Pot to natural release for at least 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Serve the mouthwatering pork shoulder steak immediately.
Make-Ahead Option for Pork Shoulder Steak
Did you know that you can easily make these steaks ahead of time? In fact, braised meat often gets better when prepared in advance and reheated. These pork shoulder steaks fall into that category too. By properly seasoning the meat, you can infuse it with even more flavor.
Storing Pork Shoulder Steak
If you find yourself with a surplus of pork steaks or leftovers, here are some storage options:
- Refrigerator: If you plan to consume them within 2 to 3 days, store the steaks in an airtight food container in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: For longer storage, place the steaks in a freezer-friendly container or Ziploc bag. Label them and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating Your Pork Shoulder Steak
When it’s time to enjoy your leftovers, there are a few ways to reheat your pork steaks:
- Instant Pot: Warm the pork in your Instant Pot using the Keep Warm function. You can also add ¼ cup of water and select the Pressure Cook or Manual option for 4 minutes.
- Cast-iron skillet: For a stovetop method, add the leftover pork, gravy, and ¼ cup of water to a cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven. Simmer them gently until warmed through, which should take between 5 to 10 minutes.
Avoiding Overcooked Pork Shoulder Steak
While the Instant Pot ensures tender and juicy results, it’s important not to overcook your pork shoulder steak. Overcooking can lead to dry and tough meat. To avoid this, simply follow the recipe mentioned above, and you’ll be rewarded with flavorful and succulent steaks every time.
The Best Cooking Method for Pork Shoulder Steaks
For the ultimate pork shoulder steak experience, braising is the way to go. The Instant Pot’s Sauté button will be your secret weapon. Start by adding some vegetable oil or butter to the pot, then brown the meat using the Sauté function. Finally, add water, cancel the Sauté function, and set your pressure cooker to cook the steaks to perfection.
More Pork Recipes to Try
If you’re a fan of pork, you’ll love these other pork recipes:
- Pulled pork
- Slow cooker pork chops
- Air Fryer pork ribs
- Pork chops with mushroom sauce
Tag @fastfoodbistro on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST, and like us on FACEBOOK for more delicious recipes and updates.
Hungry yet? Get your Instant Pot ready and let’s create a culinary masterpiece with pork shoulder steak. Enjoy the tender, juicy, and flavorful results that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Don’t forget to visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ for all your barbecue needs. Happy cooking!