Summer is here, and that means it’s time to indulge in one of the greatest culinary pleasures the season has to offer – grilled corn on the cob. There’s something about sinking your teeth into those juicy kernels that just screams summer. But if you’re tired of the same old boiled or steamed corn, then it’s time to take your corn game to the next level with grilled corn in foil. Trust me, it’s a game-changer.
Unveiling the Secret to Perfectly Grilled Corn
You may have seen those signs proudly announcing “FRESH CORN” and pointing to a truck on the side of the road. That’s the signal that corn season is in full swing. To get the best corn for grilling, look for bright green husks tightly wrapped around the cob. The tassels, those stringy bits on top, should feel slightly sticky and be brown in color. Avoid corn with yellow or dry husks, as well as black or dried-out tassels. And don’t forget to give the corn a gentle squeeze to ensure it’s plump and full.
Ingredients for Grilled Corn in Foil
To achieve grilled corn perfection, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Corn (husks removed, or you can buy pre-shucked corn – no judgment here)
- Olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Butter (unsalted works best, but you can also experiment with herb and garlic butter)
- Salt and pepper
The Grilling Process Unveiled
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to dive into the grilling process. It’s surprisingly simple:
- Take a large sheet of tin foil, around 10 to 12 inches long. Place an ear of corn in the middle.
- Drizzle olive oil over the corn, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and top it off with a generous tablespoon of butter.
- Seal the foil tightly around the corn. You can roll it up or bring the long edges together and fold them down, then fold the ends together.
- Preheat your grill to 400°F (high heat), and grill the corn for about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating it regularly for even cooking. Don’t worry if you lose track of time – I’ve accidentally left my corn on the grill for longer, and it turned out just fine.
Tips and Tricks for Corn Perfection
Here are a few extra tips to elevate your grilled corn game:
- Instead of melting butter to brush onto the corn, throw a whole knob of butter into the wrapped corn. As you turn the corn, the butter will melt and infuse every kernel with flavor.
- If you prefer, you can wrap multiple ears of corn in one large sheet of tin foil. However, flipping them can be a bit trickier.
- Feel free to get creative with your seasonings. Try adding garlic powder, onion powder, taco seasoning, Tajin, paprika, or your favorite herbs.
- Not in the mood to grill? Give my Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe a try.
- Got leftover corn? Incorporate it into recipes like Korean Corn Cheese, Japanese Corn Rice, or Sautéed Corn and Shallots.
Prepare Ahead and Savor the Flavor
Planning ahead? You can wrap the corn with butter ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to grill. And if you have any leftovers, don’t fret – you can easily reheat them in the microwave, oven, or even on the grill for a second round of corny bliss.
Discover More Mouthwatering Side Dishes
If you’re craving more delicious side dishes to complement your grilled corn, here are a few ideas to tantalize your taste buds:
- Easy Seasoned Spinach (Sigeumchi Namul)
- Silken Tofu with Soy Sesame Sauce
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Purple Rice
- Roasted Asparagus
- Mayak Eggs
Dive into the World of Grilling
Looking to expand your grilling repertoire? Check out these other fantastic grilling recipes:
- Gochujang Chicken
- Steak and Potatoes in a Foil Pack
- How to Grill Chicken Thighs
- How to Grill Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Easy Foil Pack Potatoes
So, what are you waiting for? Fire up that grill, grab some fresh corn, and get ready to elevate your summer dining experience with the tantalizing flavors of grilled corn in foil. Your taste buds will thank you.
Connect with me and discover more mouthwatering recipes on my website: Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.