If you’re looking to impress your family and friends with a jaw-dropping culinary creation, then cooking a tomahawk steak on a pellet grill is the way to go. This article will guide you through the process of creating a juicy and tender tomahawk steak that will leave everyone begging for more. Plus, we’ll delve into the realm of compound smoked steak butter to take your meal to the next level.
- Why Smoking a Tomahawk Steak is the Ultimate Choice
- The Secret to Success: Tomahawk Steak Ingredients
- Elevate Your Meal with Smoked Steak Compound Butter
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Smoking a Tomahawk Steak
- How to Make Steak Compound Butter for Your Smoked Tomahawk Steak
- The Perfect Tomahawk Steak: A Culinary Masterpiece
Why Smoking a Tomahawk Steak is the Ultimate Choice
If you’re a fan of simplicity, then you’ll love this recipe. It’s incredibly easy to follow and requires only a few basic seasonings that enhance the natural flavors of the meat. The end result is a steak that is both juicy and tender, a true delight for your taste buds.
The Secret to Success: Tomahawk Steak Ingredients
To create the perfect smoked tomahawk steak, you’ll need a few key ingredients. These include:
- Tomahawk steak (3-4″ thick)
- Olive oil
- BBQ seasoning
You may also consider trimming the meat and fat on the bone of the tomahawk steak before smoking it for a more aesthetically pleasing presentation. However, this step is purely optional.
Elevate Your Meal with Smoked Steak Compound Butter
To make your smoked steak dinner truly unforgettable, we recommend preparing a compound smoked steak butter in advance. This easy-to-make butter will add an extra layer of flavor and richness to your tomahawk steak. The ingredients for the compound butter include garlic, olive oil, butter, basil, shallot, pepper, salt, lemon zest, and juice. Simply combine these ingredients and form the butter into a log shape before refrigerating it to firm up.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Smoking a Tomahawk Steak
Now that you have all the necessary ingredients, let’s dive into the cooking process. Here’s a quick overview of the steps involved:
- Prep and season the tomahawk steak with olive oil and BBQ seasoning.
- Smoke the steak at 225 degrees F for approximately 2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 115-120 degrees F.
- Finish the steak either by reverse searing it in a cast iron skillet or grilling it on high heat (500-600 degrees F) for 1-3 minutes on each side.
- Allow the steak to rest for 15-20 minutes at room temperature before serving, optionally topped with the compound smoked steak butter.
How to Make Steak Compound Butter for Your Smoked Tomahawk Steak
To prepare the compound butter, start by roasting garlic in olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the garlic is translucent, remove it from the heat and let it cool. In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic oil, softened butter, basil, diced shallot, pepper, salt, lemon zest, and juice. Mix everything together thoroughly and shape the butter into a log. Refrigerate until firm.
The Perfect Tomahawk Steak: A Culinary Masterpiece
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to put your skills to the test and create a show-stopping tomahawk steak on your pellet grill. Whether you choose to reverse sear it in a cast iron skillet or grill it to perfection, the result will be a juicy and flavorful steak that is sure to impress even the most discerning palate.
For more delectable grill and smoker recipes, be sure to check out our other mouthwatering creations, ranging from smoked mac and cheese to Traeger tri-tip. And don’t forget to equip yourself with a reliable meat thermometer to ensure your dishes are cooked to perfection every time.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to embark on a flavor-filled journey and create a culinary masterpiece with your very own tomahawk steak.