Are you ready to transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise? Look no further than this delightful and effortless grilled Hawaiian BBQ chicken thigh recipe. With a marinade infused with soy sauce and ginger, each succulent bite is a burst of flavor that perfectly complements rice, salad, or even grilled pineapple. Get ready to embark on a mouth-watering culinary journey!
- A Taste of Tropical Bliss
- Unleash the Flavors
- The Stress-Free Delight
- Unlocking the Secrets: Ingredients for Paradise
- Mastering the Art: Grilling Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Tips and Substitutions
- Serving Suggestions: Let Your Taste Buds Dance
- Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Tips
- More Saucy Chicken Recipes to Savor
- Embrace Paradise
A Taste of Tropical Bliss
Welcome to a tantalizing tropical chicken dinner that will leave you craving more. Who would have thought that the Best Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe could be so simple to make and incredibly delicious?
Unleash the Flavors
To begin, immerse tender chicken thighs in a delectable sweet and savory marinade overnight. The next day, fire up the grill and savor every moment as the chicken cooks to perfection. Picture this: juicy and tender on the inside with a caramelized crust on the outside, a combination that guarantees each bite will be devoured at family barbecues and parties. This crowd-pleasing recipe is bound to become a staple in your culinary repertoire.
The Stress-Free Delight
You’ll find that this recipe is stress-free and can be prepared hours ahead of time. With just a few minutes on the grill, you can serve this mouth-watering dish alongside any side dish you desire. Try it with warm rice and a refreshing salad, or add a twist by pairing it with grilled pineapple and bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. The possibilities are endless!
Unlocking the Secrets: Ingredients for Paradise
The ingredients for this Hawaiian-inspired marinade are simple yet sensational. Let the fresh ginger and garlic add a kick while the blend of sweet and savory flavors works its magic. You’ll need:
- Chicken thighs
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Chicken broth
- Fresh ginger and garlic
Mastering the Art: Grilling Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Step 1: Prepare the Hawaiian chicken marinade by combining soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, chicken broth, ginger, and garlic in a generous mixing bowl. Set aside 1 cup of the marinade to use while grilling.
Step 2: Add the chicken thighs to the marinade bowl and thoroughly coat them. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
Step 3: Grill the marinated chicken, brushing each side with the reserved marinade, until it is cooked through and full of irresistible flavors. Serve this stress-free dish at family cookouts or as a delightful dinner option.
Tips and Substitutions
- For the best results, let the chicken marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Elevate the marinade’s flavor by preparing your own homemade chicken broth.
- To ensure the chicken is cooked to perfection, use an instant-read thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- For an even more tropical twist, consider swapping the marinade for a pineapple chicken thigh marinade.
Serving Suggestions: Let Your Taste Buds Dance
There are countless ways to elevate this weeknight dinner or cookout feast to new heights. With the right garnishes and side dishes, your guests will be in awe. Here are some serving suggestions to make this meal truly extraordinary:
- Serve the chicken over rice, garnished with finely chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and slices of avocado. For an extra kick, drizzle it with Mr. Yoshida’s sauce for rice.
- Add a burst of tropical flavors by grilling sliced pineapple alongside the chicken.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and fresh green onions on top for a vibrant and flavorful touch.
- Complement the Hawaiian BBQ chicken with your favorite barbecue side dishes, such as avocado salad, spicy grilled shrimp, or pasta salad.
- For a low-carb twist, skip the rice and serve the chicken over rice noodles or zucchini noodles, packed with additional veggies like asparagus, bell peppers, and onions.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Tips
If you somehow manage to have leftovers, fear not! Store the cooked chicken thighs in an airtight container in the fridge, and they will stay delicious for up to 4 days. Alternatively, wrap the chicken securely and freeze it for up to 4 months, ensuring it retains all its flavors.
When it’s time to enjoy your leftovers, reheat the Hawaiian barbecue chicken in a skillet on the stove for a few minutes. Add a little water or extra marinade to the skillet for added moisture. Alternatively, reheat the chicken in the microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through.
More Saucy Chicken Recipes to Savor
If the flavors of this Hawaiian BBQ chicken have left you craving more, here are some other saucy chicken recipes you should definitely try:
- Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- The Best Orange Chicken Recipe
- 30 Minute Baked Chicken Thighs
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple
Did this BBQ Chicken Recipe tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving more? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!
Quote Of The Day
Embrace the essence of Hawaiian cuisine and fill your days with delightful flavors. May your day be filled with blessings and culinary adventures!
This recipe was updated on January 28, 2021.
For more mouth-watering recipes and culinary inspiration, visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.