Are you ready to up your BBQ game? Look no further than this mouthwatering recipe for grilled marinated flank steak. It’s not just any steak; it’s the best steak your taste buds will ever encounter. Trust me, even the pickiest eaters will declare their love for this dish.
Picture this: a warm summer day, good company, and the tantalizing aroma of meat sizzling on the grill. With Memorial Day around the corner, it’s the perfect time to whip up this crowd-pleasing recipe. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make.
Why Flank Steak?
You might be wondering why flank steak in particular. Well, let me enlighten you. Flank steak is a lean and flavorful cut that, when marinated properly, becomes incredibly tender. The secret lies in the marinade, which infuses every fiber of the meat with a burst of deliciousness. And for those health-conscious individuals, fear not! This recipe also works wonders with grass-fed beef, adding an extra layer of depth to the flavors.
The Magic of Marination
Marinating the steak is the key to achieving that perfect balance of flavors. How long should you marinate it? Well, my advice is to let it soak up the goodness for a few hours in the morning. This way, the meat will be ready for the grill when the time comes. Oh, and did I mention that the marinade includes a touch of soy sauce or tamari? This secret ingredient not only adds incredible flavor but also helps to tenderize the meat. It’s a win-win situation!
Now, when it comes to grilling the steak, you have options. If you prefer your beef on the rarer side, go for the whole steak. This allows you to let it rest before slicing, retaining those precious juices within. However, if you want to speed up the cooking process and ensure the marinade permeates every bite, slice the flank steak before marinating. This technique reduces grilling time and guarantees maximum flavor in every mouthful.
Grilling Tips and Tricks
Before you embark on your grilling adventure, here are a few helpful reminders:
- Flank steak can be hard to find, but fear not! Acceptable substitutions include skirt steak, flap steak, or hanger steak.
- When marinating a thin cut like flank steak, be careful not to overdo it. The soy sauce in the marinade can make the meat mushy if left for too long.
- Grass-fed beef cooks more quickly due to its lower fat content.
- Remember, if you prefer well-done grass-fed meat, pour the juices from the cutting board over it and serve it with a dressing or sauce to maintain moisture.
- Take the meat out of the fridge 30 minutes before grilling to allow it to reach room temperature evenly.
- Always let the cooked meat rest, covered, for about 10 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and ultimately leads to a more flavorful bite.
- To achieve ultimate tenderness, always cut against the grain. Look for the natural lines in the meat and cut in the opposite direction. Cutting with the grain will result in a chewier texture.
The Perfect Pairings
Now that your perfectly grilled flank steak is ready to be devoured, let’s talk about what to serve alongside it. While this steak is delicious on its own, you can elevate it even further with a salsa, herb dressing, or chopped grilled scallions on top. As for accompaniments, the possibilities are endless. Think sautéed corn, a wheat berry salad with a zesty lemon-tahini dressing, a refreshing spring salad, grilled artichokes, or perhaps some heirloom tomatoes with basil. Get creative and let your taste buds guide you!
So, what are you waiting for? Fire up that grill and let the flavors sizzle. Whether it’s a casual gathering or a special occasion, this grilled marinated flank steak will undoubtedly be the star of the show. Don’t forget to visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ for more delicious recipes and BBQ inspiration.