Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary, and Bacon is more than just your ordinary creamed corn recipe. It’s a rich, creamy, and buttery delight that will steal the show at your Thanksgiving feast or any other special event. McCormick has sponsored this incredible recipe, and I couldn’t be more excited to share it with you.
Creamed Corn: A Luscious Delight
Imagine indulging in a dish that combines the sweetness of corn with the velvety goodness of cream cheese and heavy cream. This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary, and Bacon is the epitome of perfection. Its creamy texture and tantalizing flavors will leave you craving for more.
The Art of Creamed Corn
Creamed corn, also known as “cream-style corn,” is a sumptuous American side dish that elevates the humble sweet corn to a whole new level. In this recipe, we partially puree the corn, blending it with cream cheese, ricotta, heavy cream, and a medley of delightful spices. The result? A luxurious and balanced blend of sweetness and savory goodness.
The Secrets to the Best Creamed Corn
As I searched for the perfect creamed corn recipe, I came across many that tasted more like corn in cream sauce rather than true creamed corn. But then, I stumbled upon a comment that revealed the secret of pureeing some of the corn and adding it to the cream sauce. This revelation transformed the dish into something truly extraordinary.
By pureeing a portion of the corn with cream cheese, ricotta, heavy cream, and aromatic spices, we achieve a creamed corn recipe that is simply unparalleled. The addition of butter and the garnish of crispy bacon take this dish to heavenly heights.
Unveiling the Ingredients
To create the best creamed corn, we carefully selected the finest ingredients. Our Slow Cooker Creamed Corn recipe includes:
- Frozen corn kernels: Perfect for making creamed corn all year round.
- Butter: Whether salted or unsalted, it adds a rich and savory touch.
- Heavy cream: It is irreplaceable in this recipe, bringing unparalleled creaminess.
- Cream cheese: Opt for full-fat, regular cream cheese for the ultimate velvety texture.
- Ricotta: Full-fat ricotta takes the creaminess to a whole new level.
- Sugar: Just a tablespoon to enhance the natural sweetness of the corn.
- Flour: A perfect thickener for this exquisite side dish.
- Bacon: The crowning glory, adding a burst of smoky flavor.
- Green onions: Balancing the richness with a touch of freshness.
- Seasonings: A delightful blend of salt, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and onion powder.
Tips and Variations
To ensure the best results, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Line your slow cooker with a liner or grease it with non-stick spray for hassle-free cleanup.
- Don’t skip the sugar; it adds a touch of sweetness that enhances the flavors.
- This recipe serves 8 to 10, but feel free to double it for larger gatherings.
Make It Ahead and Store It Right
You can prepare this creamed corn in advance by following the recipe as written and refrigerating it overnight. Simply reheat it in the slow cooker the next day. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Ready to Indulge?
Whether it’s Thanksgiving or any other occasion, this Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary, and Bacon will be the star of the show. It’s time to treat yourself and your loved ones to a side dish that is anything but ordinary.
So don’t wait any longer. Try this mouthwatering creamed corn recipe and experience a burst of flavors that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds. For more delicious recipes, be sure to visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.