Everyone loves the comforting taste of Chinese take-out, especially when it comes to Chicken, Corn, and Noodle Soup. And the best part? You can easily recreate this delicious dish at home in just 30 minutes! Whether it’s a simple mid-week family dinner or a comforting weekend lunch, this soup is sure to hit the spot.
Embrace the Warmth and Comfort
When the weather gets colder, there’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of chicken and corn noodle soup to lift your spirits and make you feel all cozy inside. It’s like a winter hug in a bowl, providing the perfect comfort food experience.
Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
This chicken, corn, and noodle soup recipe is not only warm and comforting, but it also has a few other amazing qualities that make it a winner:
- It’s fast! If you grab a pre-cooked BBQ chicken, you can have this meal ready in less than half an hour.
- It’s kid-approved! The addition of a little sweet chili and soy sauce gives this soup a delightful flavor that kids love.
- It’s a ‘feel good’ soup! There’s nothing like a bowl of warm chicken soup to provide comfort and nourishment, making it a great remedy for the flu.
- It’s freezer-friendly! Prepare a few batches of this soup and store them in the freezer for those busy mid-week nights or quick weekend meals.
- Suitable for both conventional cooking and Thermomix methods. You’ll find instructions for both in the recipe card below.
What You’ll Need
To create this delicious soup, you’ll only need a handful of basic and inexpensive ingredients, along with some shredded chicken. One easy option is to grab a BBQ roast chicken from the supermarket, which makes this recipe even quicker and simpler.
Thanks to the convenience of a pre-cooked BBQ chicken, this super comforting and delicious dinner will be on your table in no time. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1 – Make the Broth
In a large pot, combine water, chicken noodle soup mix, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, and half of the chopped spring onions. Stir well, cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 2 – Add the Chicken and Flavourings
Add the shredded chicken, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce to the pot. Stir everything together and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Step 3 – Thicken the Soup
In a separate bowl, mix cornflour with a little water to create a thickening paste. Gradually pour this mixture into the soup while stirring gently. Simmer for a few more minutes.
Step 4 – Finish with Egg Whites
Slowly drizzle the whisked egg whites into the soup, stirring as you pour. The heat from the soup will cook the egg whites quickly.
Finally, serve the soup topped with the remaining chopped spring onions and a drizzle of soy sauce if desired.
Expert Tips & FAQs
For more tips and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe, refer to the section below.
More Winter Soup Recipes
If you’re in the mood for more comforting soups during the winter season, here are a few of my favorite healthy soup recipes:
- Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
- Classic Roast Pumpkin Soup
- Potato and Leek Soup
For even more delicious recipes, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Facebook and Instagram. And if you’re a baking enthusiast, join my Facebook cooking club group or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Enjoy your warm and cozy Chicken, Corn, and Noodle Soup!