If you’re looking for a mouthwatering breakfast dish, look no further than canned corned beef hash! In this comprehensive guide, I’ll show you how to cook it perfectly using various methods, including the air fryer, stovetop, oven, and even the microwave. Get ready for some handy tips and tricks that will make this tasty dish a staple in your breakfast routine!
- What Is Canned Corned Beef Hash?
- Ingredients for a Tasty Breakfast Hash
- Cooking Methods
- Tips for Cooking Canned Corned Beef Hash
What Is Canned Corned Beef Hash?
Canned corned beef hash is the ultimate comfort food for breakfast. It typically consists of finely diced cured beef brisket, potatoes, and sometimes onions or bell peppers. This delicious dish originated as a way to use up leftovers but quickly became a favorite breakfast option.
Ingredients for a Tasty Breakfast Hash
To make a delectable breakfast hash, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Canned Corned Beef Hash – A 14-ounce can of corned beef hash.
- Olive Oil – 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Onion – 1 small onion, finely diced.
- Potatoes – 2 small potatoes, peeled and finely diced.
- Bell Pepper – ½ of a medium bell pepper, finely diced.
- Garlic – 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper, to taste.
Oven Method: Simple and Hands-off
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with lightly spritzed aluminum foil.
- Crumble up the canned corned beef hash and spread it evenly over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the hash is crispy and hot.
Stovetop Method: Extra Crispness
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- Once hot, add the crumbled can of corned beef hash and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Let the hash begin to brown (it will stick to the pan at first) and then cook, stirring periodically, until browned and crisp (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Air Fryer Method: Amazing and Convenient
- Line the basket of your air fryer with aluminum foil and spritz it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble up the corned beef hash and place it into the air fryer basket.
- Cook the hash at 400°F (205°C) for 7 minutes. Then, remove the basket and stir before cooking for an additional 7 minutes. Stir once more and cook for a final 7 minutes.
- Remove the hash from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Microwave Method: Not Recommended but Possible
- Place your corned beef hash into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, making sure to stop halfway through and stir it.
- Serve immediately.
Elevate Your Corned Beef Hash
For an even more elevated corned beef hash experience, you can add a few extra ingredients:
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a cast iron skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Once hot, add 1 small onion, 2 small potatoes, ½ medium bell pepper, and 1 clove of garlic. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Crumble up the 14-ounce can of corned beef hash and add it to the skillet. Season with ¼ teaspoon of pepper and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring and flipping frequently.
- Once the potatoes are tender and the hash is crispy, remove it from the heat and serve immediately.
Tips for Cooking Canned Corned Beef Hash
- Canned corned beef hash tends to stick to the pan when cooking. Let it brown initially before flipping to make it easier.
- Hormel’s corned beef hash is a recommended brand, but feel free to choose your favorite.
- Add poached, fried, or sunny-side-up eggs to your hash for a tasty and complete breakfast!
Now that you have all the secrets to making the perfect canned corned beef hash, it’s time to impress your friends with your culinary skills. Enjoy this mouthwatering dish for breakfast or any time you’re craving a satisfying meal!
For more delicious recipes and food inspiration, visit Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.