Cheesy Corn is an irresistible side dish that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Prepared effortlessly in a crockpot, this mouthwatering recipe features sweet corn, cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, and a delightful blend of seasonings. It’s the perfect addition to any meal, whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a festive gathering.
- A Delicious Twist on Classic Corn Recipes
- Embrace the Spirit of Fall with Corn
- Cabot Cheese: A Local, Sustainable Choice
- The Difference Between Cheesy Corn and Cream Corn
- Prepare a Creamy and Cheesy Delight
- Expert Tips for Perfect Cheesy Corn
- Get Inspired by More Crockpot Recipes
- The Perfect Ending to a Flavorful Journey
A Delicious Twist on Classic Corn Recipes
This Cheesy Corn recipe is a new family favorite, reminiscent of beloved dishes like Corn Mac and Cheese and Cheesy Corn Casserole. It’s a comforting and creamy delight that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Created in partnership with Cabot Creamery Co-operative, one of the most trusted names in the food industry, this recipe ensures both quality and taste. Cabot Cheese, known for its commitment to sustainability and quality, adds a rich and creamy texture to the dish, making it truly unforgettable.
Embrace the Spirit of Fall with Corn
As autumn arrives, the sight of cornfields bursting with golden kernels heralds the change of seasons. Corn becomes more than just a summer staple; it becomes a symbol of fall. From corn mazes to harvest festivals, this versatile ingredient takes center stage in a variety of delectable recipes.
Incorporating this seasonal gem into your cooking repertoire is a must! Corn chowders, casseroles, and side dishes bring warmth and flavor to your fall and winter menus. With fresh sweet corn in hand, let’s dive into a creamy and cheesy culinary adventure that will leave you craving more.
Cabot Cheese: A Local, Sustainable Choice
When it comes to choosing the perfect cheddar for your Cheesy Corn Recipe, look no further than Cabot Cheese. This beloved local company, owned by farm families throughout New England and New York, is dedicated to producing the highest quality dairy products.
Not only can you enjoy the delicious flavors and unique varieties Cabot has to offer, but you can also feel good about supporting sustainable farming practices and passionate farmers. As an added bonus, Cabot cheddar is naturally lactose and gluten-free, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
The Difference Between Cheesy Corn and Cream Corn
While cream corn and cheesy corn dishes are both delightful, they have distinct characteristics. Cream corn, resembling a soup, features whole or pureed kernels, cream, and possibly a touch of cheese. On the other hand, cheesy corn showcases firm ingredients like cream cheese and cheddar, resulting in a dish that can be enjoyed with a fork.
The recipe we’re about to explore allows the flavors of the sweet corn to shine through, enhanced by the creamy richness of Cabot Cheese. Pair it with a soft yeast roll to savor every last drop of goodness.
Prepare a Creamy and Cheesy Delight
Making this Cheesy Corn is a breeze with a slow cooker. Gather the following ingredients:
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
Then, follow these simple steps:
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the flour, in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour to thicken the mixture and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Expert Tips for Perfect Cheesy Corn
To ensure your Cheesy Corn turns out absolutely scrumptious every time, keep these tips in mind:
- Use Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese or any other Cabot cheddar variety for the best flavor. Shredded cheddar cheese works well too.
- Fresh corn yields approximately 3/4 cup of kernels per ear. Canned sweet corn can also be used for convenience, but it will cook faster.
- Frozen corn has not been tested in this recipe and may affect the texture due to its additional moisture content.
- If using salted butter, hold off on adding extra salt until the corn is cooked. Adjust the seasoning to your taste at the end.
- While whole milk can be substituted for heavy cream, the richness of heavy cream enhances the overall creaminess of the dish.
- If you need to keep the recipe gluten-free, substitute 1 tablespoon of cornstarch for the flour. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream or milk to prevent clumping.
Get Inspired by More Crockpot Recipes
If you’re a fan of slow cooker recipes, you’ll love these additional dishes:
The Perfect Ending to a Flavorful Journey
If you’ve had the pleasure of indulging in this Cheesy Corn recipe, we’d love to hear about your experience. Leave a comment and review below, and don’t forget to share your mouthwatering photos on Instagram and Pinterest, tagging us @sugarandsoulco. Join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community to connect with fellow food enthusiasts and participate in our recipe challenges.
Now, go forth and let your taste buds savor the richness and creaminess of this delectable Cheesy Corn. Your friends and family will be begging for the recipe, and you’ll be hailed as the culinary hero of every gathering. Enjoy!