When it comes to steak enthusiasts, nothing gets the mouth watering like the tantalizing flavors of a bourbon-infused steak. Picture this: an exquisite homemade Applebee’s Bourbon Street Steak that effortlessly transports your taste buds to the vibrant streets of New Orleans. Prepare to be amazed by the simplicity and richness of this culinary masterpiece!
- Unleash the Flavorful Symphony
- Decoding the Magic of Bourbon Street Steak
- 🥘 Prepare Your Ingredients
- 🍽 Essential Equipment
- 🥣 Mastering the Art of Bourbon Street Steak
- 🙋♀️ Frequently Asked Questions
- 🍳 The Art of Serving Bourbon Street Steak
- 🥫 Storing Leftover Steak
- ✏️ Helpful Tips
- 🎉 Experience the Bourbon Street Steak Magic!
Unleash the Flavorful Symphony
In the melodic lyrics of Walker Hayes’ hit song “Fancy Like,” he mentions indulging at Applebee’s with their signature Bourbon Street Steak and an Oreo shake. Inspired by this, we embarked on a quest to bring the essence of this delicious steak to our own homes. The result? Pure culinary delight! While it’s true that we’ve savored the flavors of this steak at Applebee’s before, this homemade version hit all the right notes. Its succulent meat and sensational taste had us singing with joy throughout the cooking process.
Decoding the Magic of Bourbon Street Steak
So, what exactly is a Bourbon Street Steak? Prepare your taste buds for a burst of flavor as we unlock the secrets of this tempting dish. The marinade is the key, featuring a harmonious blend of bourbon, honey, Creole mustard, and Cajun seasoning. Marinate your choice of steak until it reaches a perfect medium rare, and top it off with delectably caramelized onions. Don’t worry if you can’t find Creole mustard; Dijon mustard works just fine. These steaks are a culinary adventure that everyone needs to experience firsthand!
🥘 Prepare Your Ingredients
To embark on this culinary journey, gather the following ingredients:
- Steak Sauce (such as A1 Sauce)
- Bourbon Whiskey (Bulliet Bourbon works wonderfully)
- Honey (squeezy bear or local honey)
- Mustard (Creole or Dijon, depending on your preference)
- Cajun Seasoning (homemade blend or your favorite store-bought seasoning)
- Top Sirloin Steaks (2-pound steaks, preferably on sale, to serve four adults)
🍽 Essential Equipment
Before diving into the cooking process, make sure you have the necessary equipment:
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk or Fork
- Large Ziplock Bag
- Grill, Grill Pan, or Cast Iron Pan (charcoal and chimney if using a grill)
- Meat Thermometer (Bluetooth thermometers like iGrill Mini are incredibly useful)
- Baking Sheet, Foil, and Tongs
🥣 Mastering the Art of Bourbon Street Steak
Creating the mouthwatering Bourbon Street Steak is a delightful and straightforward process. Begin by marinating the steaks at least two hours before grilling.
Combine Cajun Seasoning, Bourbon whiskey, honey, steak sauce, and Creole mustard in a mixing bowl, whisking them together into a flavorful marinade. Pour the marinade into a ziplock bag and add the steaks, ensuring they are fully coated. Let the steaks marinate in the fridge for at least two hours, allowing the flavors to meld.
Remove the steaks from the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes while you heat up the grill. This prevents throwing a freezing cold steak onto a hot grill, ensuring an even and juicy cook.
Heat your grill according to the instructions and get those coals smoldering and turning white/gray. Place the steaks on the grill, searing each side for approximately five minutes. Insert the probe of a Bluetooth thermometer into one of the steaks, cover the grill, and cook until the internal temperature reaches around 130°F – 132°F for a perfect medium-rare steak.
🙋♀️ Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Optimal Temperature for a Cooked Steak?
- Rare: 120°F – 130°F
- Medium Rare: 130°F – 135°F
- Medium: 135°F – 145°F
- Medium-Well: 145°F – 155°F
- Well Done: 155°F
- Ruined: > 165°F
🍳 The Art of Serving Bourbon Street Steak
Once your steak is cooked to perfection, allow it to rest for about five minutes before serving. For an extra touch of flavor, add a small slice of herbed butter that will melt into the hot steak, enhancing its succulence. Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter is a fantastic option for this, saving you time while delivering incredible taste.
🥫 Storing Leftover Steak
If you manage to resist devouring the entire Bourbon Street Steak in one sitting, fear not! Leftover steak can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Whether you enjoy the leftovers cold over a salad or give them a quick reheat in the air fryer, be sure to enjoy these tender slices without compromising their juiciness.
✏️ Helpful Tips
- Prepare two large steaks and cut them into smaller portions for ease of cooking.
- Allow the steak to sit in the marinade for at least two hours, but take it out 10-15 minutes before grilling to avoid cold steak hitting a hot grill.
🎉 Experience the Bourbon Street Steak Magic!
There you have it—a delightful journey through the creation of a homemade Bourbon Street Steak that rivals even the finest steakhouses. Its harmonious blend of flavors and succulent texture will leave you craving more. Don’t miss the chance to savor this culinary adventure!