Are you tired of the same old breakfast options? Look no further! These juicy and flavorful beef breakfast sausage patties will revolutionize your mornings. Made with ground beef and a homemade seasoning mix, these meat patties are incredibly easy to make and will leave you craving for more!
A Homemade Delight
This recipe for beef sausages is a game-changer. Not only can you recreate the flavors of traditional sausage with ingredients like beef, bison, lamb, chicken, or turkey, but you can also customize the seasoning mix to your liking. Serve your homemade beef breakfast sausage with scrambled eggs, buttered toast, fried plantains, and a refreshing glass of orange juice to create a memorable breakfast experience.
The Perfect Combination
To create these mouthwatering patties, you’ll need a few key ingredients:
- Ground beef: Opt for high-quality meat, such as organic or pasture-raised, free from hormones or antibiotics.
- Sausage seasoning mix: Make your own from scratch with a blend of your favorite herbs and spices, or use a store-bought option.
- Oil: Use a little oil to fry the patties to perfection. If using leaner meat, adjust the cooking method accordingly.
Making homemade beef breakfast sausage patties couldn’t be simpler. Just follow these steps:
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and sausage seasoning mix until well incorporated.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6-7 uniform patties.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet and add a small amount of oil. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until well done and nicely seared.
- Serve your delicious beef breakfast sausage patties alongside your favorite breakfast sides, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
To ensure a delightful cooking experience, keep in mind these helpful tips:
- Preheat the skillet properly to achieve a nice sear and crispy edges.
- If you prefer not to touch raw meat, use disposable gloves when mixing and shaping the patties.
- Remember that the meat patties will shrink slightly while cooking, so make them slightly larger than desired.
- Store any extra patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for several weeks.
- When reheating, use the oven or cover the patties on the stove to prevent them from drying out.
Add Some Variety
Enhance your breakfast experience by pairing your beef sausage patties with a variety of delectable options:
- Scrambled eggs
- Toast with butter, jelly, or honey
- Buttermilk biscuits or pancakes
- Mashed potatoes with gravy (ideal for dinner!)
- Fried plantains (a versatile and satisfying choice)
- A refreshing glass of organic orange juice
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of meat is breakfast sausage made of? While pork is the most common choice, our beef breakfast sausage offers a delicious alternative.
- What is sausage seasoning made of? While it can vary, common seasonings include dried sage, thyme, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar.
- Is Italian sausage the same as breakfast sausage? No, they have very different seasonings. Italian sausage contains herbs commonly used in Italian cooking, while breakfast sausage seasoning typically includes dried sage, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar.
Elevate Your Breakfast Game
If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes to add some excitement to your morning routine, consider trying these delicious options:
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning Mix
- Lamb Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Steel-cut oatmeal made from scratch
- Crispy shredded hash browns
- Chicken sausage gravy and biscuits
Subscribe to The Midwest Kitchen Blog’s Newsletter for more mouthwatering recipes straight to your inbox. And don’t forget to show your love for this recipe by pinning it to Pinterest or sharing it on Instagram (@themidwestkitchenblog). Have a fantastic day filled with flavorful delights!
Large cast iron skillet
If you’re ready to embark on a culinary adventure, click here to discover more about Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ, where flavor and quality meet.