Planning a wedding that combines delicious food, relaxation, and the beauty of nature? Look no further than a backyard BBQ wedding. It’s the perfect way to celebrate your special day with loved ones, without breaking the bank.
One of the highlights of a backyard BBQ wedding is the food. Whether you’re a meat lover, a vegan, or somewhere in between, there are plenty of menu options that will satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
- Feature signature sauces: Make your BBQ sauce options shine by offering a variety of homemade and chef-inspired versions. From sweet to spicy, surprise your guests with unique flavors like blackberry homemade BBQ sauce.
- Skewer everything: Elevate your wedding dinner by skewering shrimp, steak, and veggies. Experiment with fancy seasonings to create something extra special.
- Serve family style: Delight your guests by serving heaping platters of beef brisket, pulled BBQ chicken, and classic sides like cornbread, potato salad, and coleslaw. Create a buffet spread for easy seconds and thirds.
- Choose carnival classics: Give your BBQ wedding a retro twist with elevated carnival classics. Think gourmet popcorn bars, boozy soda fountains, and Coney Island-style dogs served in retro striped serving boxes.
- Do the Impossible: Consider offering meat alternatives like plant-based burgers, kielbasa, and hot dogs. Embrace the growing trend of plant-based options to cater to your guests’ preferences.
Budget-friendly Backyard BBQ Wedding Ideas for Decor
Create a wedding-worthy atmosphere at your backyard BBQ wedding with these DIY decor ideas that won’t break the bank.
- Grow organic flowers: Plan ahead and grow your own organic flowers. Not only will it save you money, but it will also allow you to connect more deeply with your wedding decor. Use the flowers for bouquets, centerpieces, or as natural decorations in your backyard venue’s garden or flower pots.
- Build a floor: Remember to create a solid floor for your backyard wedding to prevent muddy mishaps. DIY your own backyard floor using affordable modular dance floors that you can easily assemble and reuse for future events.
- Thrift your serveware: Browse local thrift stores for unique serving platters, dishes, and decor that fit your party theme. Mix and match different pieces to create a charmingly mismatched yet cohesive aesthetic.
- Prioritize pillar candles: Add an elegant touch to your backyard BBQ wedding by incorporating pillar candles in glass hurricane holders of various sizes. Cluster them on tables and down the aisle for a beautiful DIY decor element. Opt for battery-operated candles for safety.
- Bring in lighting: Test out the lighting in your backyard wedding venue and consider string lights, candles, solar path lights, or outdoor floor lamp/planter combos to add a magical twinkle to your special day.
Budget-friendly Backyard BBQ Wedding Cake Ideas
Complete your backyard BBQ-themed wedding with a wedding cake that perfectly complements the theme.
- Choose checkerboard frosting: Add a whimsical touch to your wedding cake with checkerboard designs. Get creative by checkerboarding the inside of the cake with different flavors.
- Add real sunflowers: Opt for a simple white cake adorned with real or faux sunflowers. Tie it all together with a red checkered ribbon and natural twine for a rustic touch.
- Select naked cake: Embrace the raw and elegant look of a naked cake, where the layers peek through a thin frosting. Choose flavors like lemon blueberry or strawberry chamomile for a mouthwatering treat.
Beautiful Backyard BBQ Wedding Venue Options
While a backyard wedding can be beautiful, you may want to explore other venue options that offer additional perks. Check out these relaxed outdoor wedding venues that are both affordable and offer unique features.
- Snow Hill Manor: Located in Laurel, Maryland, this affordable manor offers historic grounds, sprawling green acres, and a vintage kitchen.
- Prince George’s Ballroom: Situated in Landover, Maryland, this elegant art deco-style ballroom features sun porches and gardens, perfect for a backyard wedding.
- Longmeadow Event Center: Located in Wiggins, Colorado, this gorgeous and budget-friendly venue offers an all-inclusive price that includes rental fees, meals, and an open bar.
With these budget-friendly ideas, you’re ready to host the elegant backyard BBQ wedding of your dreams. So gather your loved ones, enjoy great food, and celebrate this special day in a relaxed and beautiful setting!
Source: Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ