When it comes to creating a mouthwatering dinner, marinated pork steaks baked in the oven are in a league of their own. Prepare yourself for a truly exceptional dining experience, as we take you through the process of creating the most succulent and flavorsome oven-baked pork steaks you’ve ever tasted. Our secret? A homemade marinade infused with a tantalizing dry rub and BBQ sauce, designed to tenderize the meat and impart the unmistakable taste of BBQ in every juicy bite. Get ready to savor a whole lot of yum!
- The Art of Creating the Perfect Pork Steaks in the Oven
- Ingredients for Perfectly Baked Pork Steaks
- How to Effortlessly Cook Pork Steaks in the Oven
- Storing and Reheating Baked Pork Steaks
- Tips for Creating the Most Flavorful Baked Pork Steaks
- Frequently Asked Questions about Pork Steaks in the Oven
- More Pork Steak Recipes
The Art of Creating the Perfect Pork Steaks in the Oven
Lately, we’ve been diving deep into the world of pork steaks, and let us tell you, they are absolutely delightful! But to take your culinary game to new heights and achieve the absolute best pork steaks imaginable, marinating the meat before baking is an absolute game-changer. While pork steaks are delicious on their own, infusing them with a touch of BBQ sauce in the marinade elevates them to a whole new level of flavor.
Our oven-baked pork steaks make for a fantastic dinner option, especially when served with classic BBQ sides like potatoes, corn on the cob, baked beans, and coleslaw. And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not enjoy these mouthwatering BBQ pork steaks for lunch as well?
Why You’ll Love This!
- Our homemade marinade is expertly crafted to infuse your pork steaks with the ultimate BBQ flavor.
- Cooking pork steaks in the oven is quick and easy, taking just 35 minutes.
- This recipe is adaptable to various dietary preferences, such as gluten-free, keto, low carb, Whole30, and paleo (just be cautious of hidden ingredients in BBQ sauce).
- For an extra treat, add a drizzle of BBQ sauce and broil the pork steaks for a few minutes.
We weren’t kidding when we said that pork steaks have a lot to offer. Don’t miss out on our other pork steak recipes, including air fryer pork steaks and smothered pork steaks in a pan.
Ingredients for Perfectly Baked Pork Steaks
Creating pork steaks in the oven is a breeze, as you only need three simple ingredients: pork shoulder steaks, pork marinade, and your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Pork shoulder steaks
- Pork steak marinade (optional)
- BBQ sauce
- Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Apple cider vinegar
- BBQ sauce
- Pork rub
You can make our marinade using our homemade pork rub recipe. It can be stored for over six months and yields more than enough for this recipe. However, feel free to use your favorite store-bought brand as an alternative.
While our recipes strive to accommodate various healthy eating plans, it’s important to check store-bought items, including BBQ sauces, to ensure they align with your preferred dietary restrictions. For a sugar-free version, Primal Kitchen offers keto-friendly and paleo BBQ sauces.
How to Effortlessly Cook Pork Steaks in the Oven
Preparing marinated BBQ pork steaks in the oven is a simple process, although you’ll need to allow time for the marinade to work its magic. Once marinated, the steaks only require baking in the oven before they’re ready to be enjoyed.
- Combine the oil, apple cider vinegar, BBQ sauce, and pork rub in a small bowl to create the marinade.
- Place the four pork steaks in a gallon-size Ziplock bag and refrigerate them within a larger container. Let the pork marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Remove the marinated pork steaks from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking to allow them to reach room temperature, ensuring even cooking.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Lay the pork steaks on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring there is ample space between them.
Bake the pork steaks uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F when checked with a digital meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
Brush both sides of the pork steaks with BBQ sauce and broil for a couple of minutes to achieve that irresistible “just grilled” appearance.
Serve the baked pork steaks with extra BBQ sauce on the side, and of course, your favorite BBQ accompaniments.
Storing and Reheating Baked Pork Steaks
Store: Leftover baked pork steaks can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to four days.
Freeze: To freeze pork steaks, wrap the cooked pork in plastic wrap and then double-layered aluminum foil. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to three months, either in a freezer bag or an airtight freezer-safe container.
How to Reheat Pork Steaks in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and remove the cooked pork steaks from the fridge.
- Place the pork in a baking dish and cover it with foil.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.
- Allow the pork to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Tips for Creating the Most Flavorful Baked Pork Steaks
- If you choose to marinate your pork shoulder steaks, allow them at least two hours to soak in the flavors.
- Leaving space between the steaks ensures even cooking.
- Add BBQ sauce only at the end of the recipe to prevent sugars from burning.
- For optimal results, use a digital meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pork Steaks in the Oven
More Pork Steak Recipes
Looking for more pork recipes? Check out the following:
- Air fryer pork steaks
- Smothered pork steaks in a skillet
- Pork steak marinade
- Dry rub for pork