Is there anything better than sinking your teeth into juicy, crispy chicken wings? How about boneless BBQ wings that are just as delicious but without the hassle of dealing with bones? These mouthwatering delights are perfect for a family dinner or a game day appetizer. Get ready to experience a burst of flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
- Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
- Key Ingredients for Wing Lovers
- Cooking Instructions – A Journey to Wing Perfection
- Other Mouthwatering Cooking Methods
- Expert Tips to Elevate Your Wing Game
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- More Mouthwatering Wings Recipes
Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
Imagine the perfect combination of succulent chicken bites and the classic taste of BBQ sauce. These boneless wings are a tantalizing balance of sweet and savory flavors that will have you reaching for seconds.
With a tantalizingly crispy breading and tender chicken, every bite offers a satisfying crunch followed by a burst of juicy goodness. And the best part? No need to worry about navigating around bones!
Versatility at Its Finest
Whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a casual get-together with friends, these boneless BBQ wings are the ideal companion. You can prepare them fried, baked in the oven, or cooked to perfection in an air fryer. Plus, you have the freedom to make your sauce from scratch or use your favorite barbecue sauce.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to indulge in a plateful of these delightful boneless BBQ wings!
Key Ingredients for Wing Lovers
- Chicken: Opt for boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best texture and flavor. While boneless thighs can be used, they won’t offer the same tantalizing taste.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is the secret behind that wonderfully crispy coating when fried.
- Eggs: The eggs are the glue that holds the breading to the chicken, ensuring a perfect bite every time.
- BBQ Sauce: You can follow the recipe notes to make a quick and delicious honey BBQ sauce from scratch, or you can use your favorite BBQ sauce, like the iconic Texas BBQ Sauce.
- Oil: Choose an oil with a high smoke point, such as vegetable oil, peanut oil, or canola oil, to achieve that perfect golden brown exterior.
Cooking Instructions – A Journey to Wing Perfection
1) Prepare the Breading Station
- Grab two shallow bowls or pie plates.
- Mix the flour and seasoning together in one bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
2) Coat in Eggs
- Take a few chicken pieces at a time, coating them in the egg mixture.
- Let the excess liquid drip off before proceeding.
3) Coat in Flour
- Place the coated pieces into the flour mixture.
- Using a dry hand, toss to ensure all sides are evenly coated.
- Transfer the coated chicken to a plate.
- Give them a cozy spot in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, allowing the flour to adhere to the meat.
5) Fry Chicken Bites
- Heat an inch or two of oil in a large skillet with high sides until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Monitor the oil temperature using a thermometer.
- Working in batches, introduce the chicken pieces into the hot oil, leaving room for them to cook evenly.
- Fry until the bottom turns a beautiful golden brown, then flip each piece and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Transfer the fried boneless wings to a wire rack to let them cool slightly.
6) Toss in Sauce
- Warm the sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the freshly fried wings and gently toss until each piece is entirely coated in the tantalizing sauce.
Other Mouthwatering Cooking Methods
- After breading, lay the coated chicken pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake them at 425°F (220°C) for 16-20 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (188°C).
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer, leaving some space between each piece (work in batches if needed).
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through to ensure even browning.
Expert Tips to Elevate Your Wing Game
- For an explosion of flavor, marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce for a few hours before breading.
- Craving an extra crunch? Add ½ cup of Panko bread crumbs to the flour mixture.
- To ensure optimal breading adhesion, refrigerate the coated chicken for 30 minutes before frying. This cooling process allows the eggs and flour to bind perfectly to the chicken, resulting in a crispier texture.
- Always check the internal temperature of the wings using a meat thermometer. They should reach 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
- Instead of using paper towels, transfer the fried chicken to a wire rack. This helps keep the wings crisp, preventing any sogginess that paper towels may cause.
- If you’re working in batches, keep the finished chicken warm by placing it in a 200°F (93°C) oven while frying the remaining chicken.
- For the ultimate experience, serve these BBQ boneless wings immediately while they’re at their crispiest.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
More Mouthwatering Wings Recipes
Do you feel the excitement building up in your taste buds? Get ready to embark on a journey of flavors with these boneless BBQ wings. Don’t forget to leave a review after trying this recipe, and join me on Instagram @stateofdinner for a peek behind-the-scenes and early access to new recipes.
Ready to start cooking? Find the full recipe card with all the ingredients and measurements at Rowdy Hog Smokin BBQ.